Friday, January 7, 2011

FRUIT AND VEGGIE SALAD WITH GUACAMOLE DIP/AVOCADO DIP





Guacamole is a Mexican dip which goes excellent with tortilla chips,potato chips etc.Last day,I made this dip to go with fruit and veggie salad.This is a healthy and tasty salad.I am so glad that my husband and little sweetie liked this very much that it vanished with in seconds :)


INGREDIENTS


For dip
Avocado--------------------- 1
Onion-------------------------2 tbsp,chopped finely
Tomato-----------------------2 tbsp,seed removed and chopped finely 
Salt --------------------------a pinch or to taste.
For salad
Broccoli----------------------1/4 cup
Olive oil----------------------1 tsp
Garlic powder---------------- a pinch
Salt--------------------------- a pinch or to taste
Pickled olive with garlic-------2,chopped (optional)


You can use any fruits, veggie and nuts of your choice.I used apple,banana,baby carrots and roasted almonds.


METHOD

  1. Mash avocado and add chopped onion,tomato and a pinch of salt to it and mix it good.
  2. Mean while medium heat a non stick pan and add a tsp of olive oil to it.Then add broccoli florets,a pinch of salt and garlic powder. Half cook in low flame uncovered.
  3. Place it in the center and arrange sliced fruits,nuts and veggies around it and enjoy.






Options: It goes excellent with any kind of chips.


I am sending this salad entry to the Only Salads event guest hosted by Prathiba of The chef and her kitchen,started by Pari of Foodelicious 

20 comments:

  1. Wow salad looks wonderful, that guacamole tempts me a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow soumya..Superb presentation and a healthy salad to have anytime of the day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. droolworthy and yummy avocado dip and healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mouthwatering and refreshing salad..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love guacamole. In fact I will be making some on Saturday for some friends who will visit. I add a little bit of lime in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. R u a catering student,who has mastered in salads? ha ha ha.u always impress me with ur presentations......Hey one more thing,I too studeied in hostel very near to urs ......guess where? s Erode - IRTT.so we are pals now? is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Esta mezcla me ha parecido muy exótica ,muy buena la combinación,especial para el verano que estamos pasando por Chile,cariños.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow looks so colourful crative and inviting....I love guacamole dip....the dip is very coomon in my kitchen.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! that looks fantastic.The color is fab and I bet they were tasty.


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is healthy and colorful salad, love that dip too...

    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW..SALAD LOOKS BEAUTIFUL AND NICELY PRESENTED...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luvly and colorful salad....happy new year to you..

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful decoration soumya! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. First time here....
    Salad looks colourful and healthy....
    Nice presentation :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything in here really looks so delicious. I definitely love it! I can't wait to try all of these.
    dining tables

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews