Friday, January 28, 2011

EGG BHURJI /SCRAMBLED EGGS





For last few days I am having severe cold and so my hubby dear prepared this simple scrambled eggs as side dish of kanji for our dinner.He usually prepares this whenever I am sick. He will usually add almost all veggies(grated carrot,zucchini/cucumber,bell pepper,potato etc) in the refrigerator to it.This time he did with only onion and tomato.


INGREDIENTS


Egg------------------------3
Onion----------------------1/2 cup,chopped finely
Tomato--------------------1/2 of medium sized,chopped finely
Green chilly--------------1,chopped finely
Turmeric powder-------1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds--------------a pinch
Mustard seeds-----------1/8 tsp
Curry leaves--------------1 or 2,chopped
Olive oil--------------------2 tsp
Salt as needed


METHOD

  1. In a medium heat pan add oil and splutter mustard seeds,cumin seeds and curry leaves.Then saute onion,tomatoes and green chilly one by one till soft.
  2. Then add turmeric powder and beaten eggs.Add needed salt and keep mixing it till egg is cooked and scrambled.
Check out other blogging marathon buddies:
Srivalli, Priya,Reva,Monika,PJ,PriyaVaasu,Jay,Azeema,Ayeesha,Veena,Usha and Gayathri 

14 comments:

  1. My mum used to make something similar for us...very delicious to eat them with some congee in summer time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slurp, makes me hungry,my favourite anytime..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those days when I used to make this often..

    ReplyDelete
  4. U also having cold..Better have the kashayam ,it takes out the cold soon..Get well soon dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for breakfast with some butter toast :)
    Take care!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  6. Egg burji looks delicious, my hubby makes more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time for giving credits to husbands! great job- but if I let mine in the kitchen, I would have to clean half a day after!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can have this egg burgi any day,delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are you feeling now? This is one quick fix side dish..

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews