Monday, January 24, 2011

CORN CHAAT



A simple chaat to munch during movie time.


INGREDIENTS


Sweet corn-------------------4 (2 +2)
Onion-------------------------2 tbsp,chopped
Tomato-----------------------2 tbsp,chopped,seed removed
Rice puffs/murmura--------1/4 cup
Black pepper powder------a pinch
Chaat masala powder------ a pinch
Butter--------------------------1/4 tsp
Salt------------------------------a pinch


METHOD



  1. I made chaat  in two ways . In the first one,I mixed chopped onion,tomato,corn kennels,pepper powder,a pinch of salt and murmura together.Options: You can also add sev,papdi etc to give more crunch.
  2. In the second, I mixed melted butter with corn kennels and then added a pinch of black pepper powder,chaat masala and salt.Kids will like this.










Check out other blogging marathon buddies:
Srivalli, Priya Suresh,Reva,Monika,PJ,PriyaVaasu,Jay,Azeema,Ayeesha,Veena,Usha and Gayathri 


18 comments:

  1. wow........I used to eat it in nilgris ....lovely chaats.....u made me to prepare it ...thank u sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soumya, can you please pass me too that cone? I love this :)

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so lovely.... perfect for a walk in the beach...
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chat looks delicious, nice one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very tempting and hearty chaat..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminded me of my childhood .... used to eat these a lot on juhu beach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome and so deliciously healthy !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SON MUY RICOS Y SANOS ME ENCANTAN,ESPECIAL TAMBIÉN PARA LOS NIÑOS Y NO COMAN GOLOSINAS, TODOS LOS GRANOS SON RECOMENDADOS POR LOS NUTRICIONISTAS,ES BUENO QUE TU LO DIFUNDAS UN ABRAZO Y CARIÑOS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely chaat...looks really yumm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Healthy and delicious chaat...so very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Un délicieux en-cas. J'aime beaucoup.
    Ça semble délicieux.
    Bonne journée et à très bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chaat are my favorite always. Thanks for sharing a newer healthy version. I will definitely try this soon. Temptation:)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews