This is famous in Kerala and is used as a snack and also in sadhya.
Raw plantain -----------1
water ----------------------2 tbsp
Turmeric powder ---- a pinch (optional)
Oil for frying
salt as needed.
- Dilute salt in water .Add a pinch of turmeric powder to it and keep this salt-turmeric water aside.
- Peel off the skin of raw plantain & slice thinly.Dip plantain slices in tamarind water or turmeric water to prevent color change.
- Medium heat oil for frying. Then add the drained plantain slices to it. When it becomes half cooked , sprinkle the salt-turmeric water.
- As soon as you add salt water, the oil will start bubbling. Leave it like that in medium heat till it stops bubbling.
- Once the bubbling stops, the chips will be crispy and perfectly cooked . Take it out & keep in tissue paper to drain excess oil.
- Store in air tight containers.